Sunday, July 27, 2008

Does A Chancre Pop Like A Pimple

paint and rocks 3 - Mixed Media Painting

Well, start writing then:
I started work on a piece of wood an inch high.
First of all, I made it with the cementite white: you pass the first time the cementite (on all sides so that the wood boards the aircraft!) and when dry it smooth with a piece of sandpaper, then another coat of cementite, and another lisciatina the wood is ready.
When working with time is always better not to start from a white, the fund should have is a medium gray, sepia, or maybe a team (average). This is because then you will reach more easily which is the lightest tones darker. Of course, if you are going to make a very clear picture in tones should put a very light background, here, we say that in reality should be chosen considering a medium tone colors picture you paint.
So I've spent my tablet on a medium gray background with a nice wide brush (a brush n ° 50 of Da Vinci). I used tempera paints by combining white, black, ocher and a hint of blue, I had a generous amount of this color let it "creamy" and I went through the brush.
Then I started drawing in pencil. I am putting into the sea to draw, to make light and dark, to see again and again until all the rocks of that piece of the sea had no more secrets for me, and then draw again, and again ... I'll be slow, but it took me a lot of days and in the meantime take pictures at different times of the day handy to have the colors of the rocks and sea that when I started to paint the wooden board. I used a 2B pencil, of course, always well-pointed.
I want to emphasize: before learning to draw must learn to look at, and once you know how to look one finds many ways to draw what you watched. I know, I know, sounds like a tongue twister ... be patient.
He goes to paint out the paints and brushes, a plate to fix the colors, a pair of glasses with water and a rag to wipe the brushes. And off we go. I think the best thing is to start from the central area (center for the area mean more important part. How to decide what it is? ... A feeling, it was agreed with the navel ...). Then, to be honest, I continue to paint without following a precise rule, simply by alternating light areas and dark areas until you get to complete the picture, but trying not to lick it too, without finish, and always trying to give brushstrokes and without too many nuances.
Behold, I wanted to arrive at a color sketch, alive and still incomplete.
For now, I greet you in a few days, when you pass the oil colors.
Kiss,
cbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment